Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Put Me In Coach, I'm Ready to Play...."

Today we joined Tony's family for their annual Father's Day picnic at Riverside's Rancho Jarupa Park.  I think this was the second time the had this celebration.  Tony has a large family with I think 4 brothers & 1 sister.  It was a nice warn day in the 90's and Tony picked a perfect place in the park under some shade trees for the picnic.

Picnic at the park

Everyone brought something to eat, Tony made his fabulous ribs.  There was fruit salad, macaroni salad, Mexican shrimp ceviche (I didn't get any) and all the snacks, cakes and watermelon you could eat.  Tony even gave us some ribs to bring home.

Meghan & Elly at the picnic
After eating we played in the annual "everybody plays" softball game.  Both Elly and I actually hit the ball on all of out times up at bat.  My team lost 11-6 due to the "under-30's" on Elly's team.  I think I forget how to run!  I took this little video at the end of the game. It was supposed to be a photo, but my alternate camera was set to "movie". So you get a small movie instead.



After the ball game we ate some more and sat around and chatted.  We got some good leads on interesting places to visit in Southern California from Tony's brothers  We are look forward to following up on them. Meeting Tony's family today was great,.  It was nice chatting with Tony's father. He is around 85 and seems to get around well.  Tony's siblings were also very nice and welcoming even though we are not really part of the family.  It was a very nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon with Debbie's & Tony's family.


No comments:

Post a Comment