Thursday, April 12, 2012

More - Can't Get There From Here

I thought it couldn't get much screwier (if that's a word).  I thought is was me and that I would just have to get used to the parking lot entrances and exits. I though that once I got used to the mountains being in the way,  I would be OK.   But NOOOOOO!

Today we went to an estate sale here in Murrieta (only about 3 miles from our house).  On the way to the estate sale, Elly wanted to drive by a house that our realtor told us about.  Since it was off Adams Ave, and I know where Adams Ave is (its one of the main streets in town that are named after the presidents),  I decided not to use the GPS.  Well, I went down Nutmeg St, turned left onto Adams, went about 1/2 mile, DEAD END! ("No Outlet" as they call them out here).  I know Adams Ave is longer than this, I can see the rest of Adams Ave. through the steel bar wall.  But I can't get there from here.  Pulled out the GPS and I had to go around down other streets to get to the other non-contiguous part of Adams Ave. See below:

Segmented Adams Ave


Wait it gets better!.  The estate sale was off of Guava St.  OK, I know where Guava St. is. I use it as the back way to get to Walmart.  Piece of cake!.  But NOOOOO!  Guava St end in a pile of dirt.  Pull out the GPS to see that you have to go around on other streets to get to the other end of Guava.  This is ridiculous!  See below.

Guava Street with a River and a Pile of Dirt

At least the route between the two sections of the same road in each of these cases is short and not a big problem.  Down in Temecula there is a road called North General Kearny Road.  If by chance you take the wrong segment looking for an address, the route to the other piece of this road will take you at least 15 minutes because of the traffic and the "hill that is in the way"!.

I think California has totally redefined "can't get there from here"!

No comments:

Post a Comment